Friday, October 8, 2010

Can't Buy Me Love or Can I?

"Say you dont need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied 
Tell me that you want the things money just cant buy 
I dont care much for money, money cant buy me love" Can't Buy Be Love-The Beatles 

The Beatles had it right you can't buy love and you can't buy happiness. Ironically some people in the government believe that you can. Raising taxes, new regulations, and more government control over business....that's going to make life better right? With the election coming to a close in less then a month you will hear a lot of theories about how to best fix our nations problems and thus our lives problems. Tax and spend or cut back and save, are about the only options out there. So the question arises which is better? Which one will bring about a better end and a happier America? Well one group believes that if you take away our money then give less of it back to us we will be happier and the economy will be better. The other believe that if we have more and can spend more we will be happier and the economy will do better. 

I have always felt that when i worked for my money and i got to keep more of it that i felt more content and was happier. The money didn't give me happiness, but the fact that i could keep more of the fruits of my labor made me happy. The current growth of government directly combats that idea. It seems with taxes such as the Income Tax, people think that if you take money away from one group and give it to another, then they will be happy. But that would only work if money could "buy" you happiness or as the Beatles said love. As we know it cant, so taxing one group to benefit the other doesn't work very well. So when it come times to vote in the weeks ahead give that a thought.

I hope the government doesn't find a way to tax the things money just cant buy....

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work, been reading your blog for a couple months now but hadn't ever posted a comment, so thought I'd take a sec to stop off and say you really do a great job, and know you have alot of silent readers.

    ReplyDelete